FULL TIME / IN-HOUSE / SAN DIEGO, CA
REPORTS TO ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR SOCIAL MEDIA
Raindrop is a fast-growing agency and the leader in creating Marketing People Love. We are looking for our next Sr. Social Media Manager who is a talented and dynamic Social Media expert ready to lead the Social Media Management team using a blend of creative, strategic, and analytical expertise.
You’ll collaborate closely with both clients and internal teams to create dynamic, lasting partnerships. You will craft and execute social media strategies that resonate authentically with target audiences and lead the curation of impactful, results-driven content that elevates brand voice and optimizes engagement for our clients social channels.
Your proficiency in identifying trends, interpreting metrics, and understanding audiences fuels impactful interactions. You’re constantly aware of platform nuances, eagerly anticipating opportunities to update our approach and elevate our content. Your keen understanding of the social media landscape will help the team innovate while utilizing analytics to measure success and refine approaches.
You must have 5+ years of social media experience, preferably with an agency and/or consumer lifestyle company. Please have strong fluency in data, impeccable writing skills, proven client communication experience, an eye for creativity and the ability to motivate team members.
- Strategically lead our Social Media team to champion our clients
- Work closely with social media managers to ensure all calendars meet guidelines and expectations
- Provide recommendations to clients and team members to ensure successful execution
- Support the growth of the department by working closely with the ADC on new business opportunities and educating the agency on what’s needed to be the leaders in the industry
- Track hours to inform department resourcing needs, changes to social products, and retainer budgets
Account Management and Content Creation
- Develop comprehensive social marketing plans for new clients using proven strategies for growth
- Quality control for copywriting, messaging, and cadence to align with audience, goals, and budget
- Partner with our photo and design teams to create engaging, on brand assets
- Manage a team of contractors including illustrators, animators, and creators as necessary
- Track account analytics and partner with Social Media Managers to analyze key metrics
- Tweak strategies based on data learnings and new trends to maximize results
- Top-notch verbal communication necessary for leading client calls
- Impeccable writing skills, with a flair for a good pun and catchy caption
- Ideating ways to track sales, increase engagement and garner positive audience sentiment
- Oversee daily management tasks, including monitoring comments, answering questions, and maintaining relationships with online communities.
- Coach our team(s) on social content creation best practices.
Research and Innovation
- Understand nuances across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and how to maximize organic performance on each
- Research and test new software to make the team most efficient
- Align and educate the agency on social products and best practices
- Keep up with the latest developments and innovations that will impact our clients (ex. changes in algorithms, new features, policy changes).
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have 5+ years of social media experience, having worked in an agency or in-house
- Must have experience managing a team of 2 or more people
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work in an agency environment
- Proven project management experience working across multiple accounts at once
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize daily tasks vs. high-level department needs
- Proactive communication between clients and agency to ensure all needs are anticipated and met
- Comfortable serving as lead social strategist, and a support role to team members on other accounts
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge of HeyOrca and Photoshop a plus
Compensation and Perks
- $65,000-$75,000 DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, no waiting period
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan
- New Hire stipend to support flexible working arrangements
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Access to Production Studio in San Diego, CA
- Professional development and learning stipends
- 15 vacation days that will accrue in your first year; Vacation days will increase with tenure
- 9 paid holidays + 2 paid flexible holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
COMMITTMENT TO DIVERSITY
Raindrop Agency is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation–we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when every Raindropper feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Raindrop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-663-5424.