ON-CALL CONTRACTOR / IN-HOUSE / SAN DIEGO, CA
REPORTS TO LEAD PRODUCER
Raindrop is an award-winning agency making marketing people love. We are looking for a part-time Stagehand who can support our team from behind the scenes but is vital to our production! You will be trained and supported by a roster of on-call support to help when needed.
You will work closely with our Producers, Production Crew and Studio Manager before and after shoots to ensure the studio is cleaned and ready for our fast paced-productions. You are someone who loves helping others and enjoys working with a team to accomplish their goals. This is an on-call position that will require anywhere from 10-20 hours per week depending on the number of productions. This role is seasonal.
You are someone who is organized, reliable, raises your hand to help and enjoys flexibility in your schedule. You will find this job rewarding as you help our production team go from good to great through your hard work and support!
Candidates should have a current CA driver’s license, good driving record, available to work on-site at our Raindrop Studio in San Diego and should be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Organize studio before and/or after production shoots including but not limited to:
- Assisting with building sets, which includes painting, moving furniture, and small building projects.
- Assisting production crews to break down and wrap up equipment (cables, lights, stands, cameras, etc)
- Tearing down sets, putting away props and wardrobe within our designated system
- General cleaning sets and studio, including trash, sweeping and ensuring cleanliness
- Help transition sets between productions
- Run errands such as picking up tools or supplies for set building, dropping off production materials
- Coordinate and pick up/drop-off rental gear before or after production shoots at the direction of Production team leads
- Complete inventory check
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Organized & reliable
- Small handy skills, such as painting, nailing, building furniture, etc
- Flexible schedule
- Proven track record of handling expensive equipment
- Current CA driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work Weekday/Weekend hours to support our Production Crew. Typically early morning and/or evenings Monday-Friday and occasionally on weekends.
Compensation & Perks
- $18.00-$23.00 Hourly DOE
Commitment to Diversity
Raindrop Agency is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation–we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when every Raindropper feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Raindrop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-663-5424.