CONTRACT / IN-HOUSE + HYBRID / SAN DIEGO, CA
REPORTS TO PHOTO DIRECTOR
Raindrop is a fast growing agency and the leader in creating Marketing People Love. We are looking for our next Full Time Contract to Hire Photographer who loves transforming photos into works of art, or as we like to say “Scroll Stopping Content!” As a Photographer you are someone who has honed their photography and editing chops in diverse contexts, can adapt their style to the personalities of the brands we partner with, create content that tells a compelling story, communicates value, and captures attention.
You will be primarily tasked with photographing product and E-commerce photoshoots, and will support the photo department in pre and post-production tasks. You will work closely with the Photo Director to elevate final deliverables, as well as hone your skills with a camera, lighting techniques, and editing.
If you love immersing yourself into new worlds and are ready to use every tool in your bag to bring our visuals to the next level, this role is for you!
- Serve as the primary photographer for product and e-commerce photoshoots under the guidance of the Photo Director.
- Ensure that the photography meets client objectives and aligns with brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Photo Director and creative team during the concepting, moodboard and shotlist creation phases for client projects.
- Assist in the research, planning, and logistical setup for client-specific photo shoots.
- Assist with lighting setup and adjustments to achieve desired aesthetic effects aligned with client requirements. This will include collaborating with the lead photographer.
- High level of proficiency in Photoshop/Lightroom (Capture One experience is a bonus) retouching and editing techniques.
- Coordinate with production, account and operations team members to meet project deadlines for photo deliverables.
- Perform general administrative and logistical tasks to support the Photo Director in managing client projects.
- Assist in the general organization and maintenance of photography equipment.
- Assist production team with on-set support as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience as a professional photographer and editing experience
- Transportation required
- Based in San Diego
- Need to be within 20 mile driving distance to San Diego for collecting files
- Proficiency in Lightroom and Photoshop (Capture One experience is a bonus)
- Ability to flex hours. Most production is done between 9am-5pm M-F, but we do flex hours for certain shoots and special events.
Compensation and Perks
- $65,000-$75,000 DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, no waiting period
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan
- New Hire stipend to support flexible working arrangements
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Access to Production Studio in San Diego, CA
- 15 vacation days that will accrue in your first year; Vacation days will increase with tenure
- 10 paid holidays + 2 paid flexible holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
COMMITTMENT TO DIVERSITY
Raindrop Agency is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation–we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when every Raindropper feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Raindrop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-663-5424.