FULL TIME / IN-HOUSE (REMOTE DURING COVID) / SAN DIEGO, CA
REPORTS TO COPY SUPERVISOR
Raindrop is a fast-growing agency located in the heart of Little Italy (currently working remote). We are looking for a talented, energetic, clever Copywriter to join our award-winning team and help push our rapidly-growing content department forward. You will work alongside the copywriting team to support our fellow Raindroppers with creative and strategic direction on content and branding projects.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a well-rounded team, to lead creative strategy and content creation for agency clients, and to share in our vibrant and growing culture. You’ll be responsible for bringing fresh, on-brand ideas to the table for advertising campaigns, anchor video productions, and brand development. You’ll partner with agency designers to deliver high-quality print and digital assets and help support the Copy Supervisor with day-to-day copywriting tasks.
We are looking for someone who has honed their writing chops in diverse contexts, who can adapt their style to the unique personalities of the brands we partner with, and create entertaining content that sells. If you love immersing yourself into new worlds and using every tool in your belt, from humor to heart strings, to create original, unique ideas that capture the attention of millions, then this is the role for you!
- Work with other copywriters to concept brilliant, on-brand creative for our content department.
- Work with our production team on pre-production planning. You’ll need to convey what your words and ideas might look and sound like on camera.
- Post-production writing, including ad copy and animated text that tells a story.
- Lead brand sessions with clients to get deep down to the heart, soul, and voice of their brand.
- Write Brand Identities that define and elevate our clients’ messaging.
- Concept high-level campaign ideas that are fresh, unique, and effective.
- Write potential executions of your campaign concepts that inspire, educate, and entertain, all while staying in budget.
Day-to-Day Copy Tasks
- Social Ad Copy
- Email Content
- Brand/Product Naming
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in copywriting or content creation
- Creative thinker, writing extraordinaire, and life-long learner
- Experience in scriptwriting, comedy writing, and production for digital assets a plus.
Compensation & Perks
- $50,000-$58,500 DOE
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- 10 paid days off to start, plus holidays
To apply, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Website/Portfolio and/or 3-5 writing samples