FULL TIME / REMOTE / SAN DIEGO, CA
REPORTS TO DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY
Raindrop is a fast-growing agency and the leader in creating Marketing People Love. We are looking for a Brand Strategist to join our Strategy Team who is a talented and dynamic marketing expert ready to assist various teams using a blend of creative, strategic, and analytical expertise.
You’ll collaborate closely with both clients and internal teams to create dynamic, lasting partnerships. As a Brand Strategist, you will use research, data, insights, and strategic intuition to inspire our creative teams to make marketing content not only entertains but that resonates deeply with audiences and drives conversions. You will partner with the Director of Strategy as well as the Accounts Team and clients to understand challenges and create insight-driven briefs and platforms to inspire Creative teams, ensuring that they stay on brief and on brand throughout the creative development process.
Your proficiency in creative analysis, strategic brand positioning, written communication, and a knack for asking the right questions will help you in this fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects and priorities, helping drive our clients and agency to the next level creatively and develop trusting relationships with clients. It’s imperative that you are kind, strategic, innovative, a driver, and relentlessly passionate about building brands that people will love.
You must have 3+ years of brand building experience, preferably with an agency and/or consumer lifestyle company. Please have strong fluency in data, impeccable writing skills, proven client communication experience, an eye for creativity and the ability to motivate team members.
- Provide strategic insights and direction through creative briefs that bring clarity and inspiration to the creative teams.
- Work with New Business and Account teams to ensure the smooth kick-off of new accounts and projects.
- Lead clients through strategic sessions and key project kick off meetings in partnership with the Account team and Creatives in order to uncover key insights and ensure clarity and full alignment with clients. Be immersed in current trends and conduct research on competitor and other winning brands in the market to pull insights from current trends, target audience profiles, and competitor analysis.
- Get to know clients’ brands inside and out, including their target audience
- Collaborate with the creative teams to review concepts, scripts and other content for client deliverables to ensure all is on-brand and on-brief.
- Leverage analytics and media insights to make performance driven recommendations.
- Leading brand strategy oversight across creative development.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to develop and execute creative strategies that ensure the brand’s innovation and success as a market leader in its category.
- Collaborate with our partner media agencies to create content strategies that resonate with customer segments and align with targeted marketing campaigns.
- Manage relationships with paid media partners and client’s paid media teams; develop/implement/refine processes for gathering insights and delivering them to the creative team
- Conduct Content Stack Audits
- Support Organic Growth efforts by making strategic recommendations for clients; create and present Brand Identity Rollout Plans and Gold Standard Guides
- Curate quarterly planning decks & lead planning conversations for clients
- Support the creative teams in preparation for asset presentations to write the strategy set-up/justifications for “why this works” tailored to each client’s communication style and their concerns
- Establish a strong partnership with clients, being a strategic voice and resource to build trust and longevity with clients.
- Partner with Account Managers in client strategy for the agency, focusing on the creative development and account planning phase.
- Provide a strategic lens in the development of creative materials to ensure projects and deliverables are on brand and aligned with client goals and expectations.
- Partner with the New Business to identify new pitch opportunities and recommendations on what work that would be.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in marketing and/or brand development
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- A knack for simplifying complex concepts into clear, concise statements
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Organized and well accustomed to a client-facing role
- Brief writing/briefing creative teams
- Other useful skills & knowledge: Meta Advertising/analytics, Google Analytics, brand Identity development, website copywriting
- Comfortable with project management tools such as Click Up, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Must be based in the San Diego Metropolitan area.
Compensation and Perks
- $65,000-$75,000 DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, no waiting period
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan
- New Hire stipend to support flexible working arrangements
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Access to Production Studio in San Diego, CA
- Professional development and learning stipends
- 15 vacation days that will accrue in your first year; Vacation days will increase with tenure
- 9 paid holidays + 2 paid flexible holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
COMMITTMENT TO DIVERSITY
Raindrop Agency is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation–we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when every Raindropper feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Raindrop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-663-5424.